Belgian ITS Steering Committee - Comité belge de pilotage STI - Belgische ITS-stuurgroep - Belgischer IVS-Lenkungsgruppe
Directive 2010/40 / EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 July 2010 defines the framework for the deployment of intelligent transport systems (ITS) in the field of road transport and of interfaces with other modes of transport .
This European Directive aims to support the coordinated deployment and use of ITS beyond the borders of the Member States. EU Member States must regularly inform the European Commission (EC) of the progress made in the deployment of the planned national actions in the field of ITS.
On July 15, 2014, the Belgian State, the Brussels-Capital Region, the Flemish Region and the Walloon Region signed a cooperation agreement which creates an ITS Steering Committee whose missions cover in particular:
• Coordination and cooperation between the different Belgian entities for the preparation of reports to the EC;
• Exchange of technical, legal and legislative information;
• The representation of Belgium in international fora on the basis of a common position;
• The participation of Belgian experts in the preparation of EC ITS delegated acts.
The missions of the ITS Steering Committee can be extended.
The Steering Committee established internal regulations. Each entity is represented on the ITS Steering Committee by a maximum of four ordinary members, one of whom is a voting member. The secretariat is provided by the FPS Mobility and Transport. The Committee is chaired by an elected president. The Committee creates and supervises different expert working groups as required.
- Rue du Progrès 56, 1210 Bruxelles / Vooruitgangstraat 56, 1210 Brussel
- https://mobilit.belgium.be/nl/mobiliteit/intelligente_vervoersystemen/its_stuurgroep https://mobilit.belgium.be/fr/mobilite/systemes_de_transports_intelligents/comite_de_pilotage_its
- Telephone number: